Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 20 : Churchill Downs another big surprise

So we headed off for our long journey to Vandergrift PA this morning for our stop over at Colleen's Parents.  Since we were heading right by Louisville KY I thought a short stop over to see Churchill Downs would be fun.  I always enjoy watching the Kentucky Derby each year and always wanted to see what the beautiful track looked like.  Now I am sure others like me expected the track would be in this beautiful Plantation type setting with Horse Pastures all around.  Well at least that is what I was expecting.  NOT THE CASE!!!  It is actually in the middle of Louisville which is a pretty large town with Louisville University right there also.  The track is actually in an area that I would fill uncomfortable walking around at night.  So if anything I can say this trip is putting reality to what I think reality is.  Well after our short drive by the track since they had a race going on today they were charging for parking so we did a quick drive by a pictures out the window.  We then finish our 7 hour drive to Vandergrift and arrive safely at Colleen's Parents.  Colleen's Mom had triple by-pass surgery 2 weeks ago so Colleen was happy to see her and she is doing quite well.  We will be here 3 or 4 days before heading off to Colleen's brother's in Connecticut. Later!!!

Churchill Downs

Churchill Downs in the middle of Louisville

No comments:

Post a Comment