Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 49 : Back to home turf

Well after being away from CA for 48 days we finally crossed back into CA while making a short crossing into Nevada from Arizona.  Today we landed in the Mojave Desert in Needles CA right on the Colorado river.  It is quite hot here (I know we are in a desert!!!) I think it was around 108 today and suppose to be about the same tomorrow.  The amazing thing is that even though we are in a desert with a 100+ degree days the Colorado river is cold.  It must be in the upper 60s maybe low 70s.  We arrived got set up and the girls headed for the river since it was so hot out.  I got my suit on and decided to join them and boy was I surprised when I stuck my foot in the water.  Lets just say I did not make it much higher than my waist.  Now being away from CA for so long I thought I would be so happy to be back in my home state but that joy was dashed as we were quickly reminded about what an uptight state CA is compare to the many states we went through over the last 7 weeks.  Let me paint the picture, are campground is on the beach of the Colorado river.  Each area has parking for 4 RVs and there is a beach on each side of the sites.  Well since we are on the Left hand side of the circle the girls went to the beach right next to our RV and the left side.  Well security quickly arrived to inform us that we were on the wrong beach and we were only suppose to be on the right side beach.  Now really there was no one on the beach and we heard the people in the other sites complained we were on their beach but they told us they did not complain.  But only in CA can you find such uptight people and such crazy rules.  So maybe I am not really happy to be back into CA.  Well other than the stupid rules and the very hot weather it is a pretty nice area and we will enjoy the cool Colorado River tomorrow before we head off to Morro Bay in two days.  Hasta La Vista Babe!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment